Friday, June 3, 2011

Blah

End of the school year stress, you seem infinite... And finals, you make me even crazier with stress and worry! It's times like these I wish I were a slacker who didn't have these problems! But no, this is the school experience of an over achiever... Oh well, that'll just make me feel accomplished when I finally get rid of you! Ha!

Well, I don't mean to ramble, I don't have much of substance to say at the moment, just needed to vent for a second due to the temporary absence of my friend who I usually vent to. Thanks all for reading, here's a poem for your troubles ^ ^

"since feeling is first" by e.e. cummings
since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all the flowers. Don't cry
- the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for each other: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

and death i think is no parenthesis

18 comments:

  1. It's great that you're proud to admit you're an overachiever. Also, I think that's beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went through the end of my semester here as well. it will all be over soon =P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it all, everything will be okay soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with it all.

    btw I just saw your url, I lol'd hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the end of the year stress. It's the pits.
    That said, excellent cummings poem. I think he was great because he really pushed the boundaries of syntax in his poems. He was really the first to experiment with punctuation and all that. He's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can always pick a Cummings poem out of a line up based on the lack of capitalization.

    ReplyDelete
  7. e.e. cummings wrote some really great poems, my favourite was 'etcetera'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It feels so good to be out of school for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're almost done, don't let yourself get too overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Open your blog in the template designer and you'll find something to shrink your blog title text a little so it's on the same line. It'll make it look better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the poem! And good luck with finals. Following

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I understood poetry more. End of the school year is a love hate, it will be over soon.

    ReplyDelete